Monday, January 1, 2007

Twisted

This was inspired by a role play chat we had on MSN. Pardon the lameness… ;)

-31 Dec 2006-


Few years ago…

“Jun Jin, I’m pregnant,” said a tearful Sierra.

“What? Get rid of it then!” he said harshly.

“How can you even say that? This baby is your flesh and blood,” Sierra sobbed.

[Flashback]

“Come on, Sierra…” Jun Jin coaxes.

“No… we can’t Jun Jin,” Sierra says in a worried tone.

“I won’t hurt you…”

“No, Jun Jin… No…”

[End of flashback]

“I won’t have anything to do with this,” Jun Jin said as he turned to leave.

“Jun Jin,” Sierra cried out. “Don’t leave me, you can’t leave me!”

“Get off,” he said as he shrugged her off roughly and Sierra fell to the ground. As he walked away, she sobs uncontrollably.


13 years later...

“Mommy…” Kristi called out as she shook her mother’s arm.

“Hmm?” Sierra comes out of her trance and turns to look at her daughter.

“Mommy, I can’t figure out this sum,” Kristi said as she held out a book.

“Oh… sit down. I’ll help you.”

“I’m home!” Jae Joong calls out as he walks in through the door.

“Daddy!” Kristi yells as she runs over to hug him.

“Hey there! Have you finished your homework?”

“Mommy’s helping me with it.”

“Great, I’ll cook dinner.”

Sierra looks on as her daughter and husband dashed into the kitchen to prepare their dinner. It was fate that had brought all of them together. After Jun Jin left, Sierra had Kristi on her own. She’d met Jae Joong years later and was lucky enough that he accepted the fact that she was a single mother. They got married when Kristi was 3, so she never really remembered if she had a father or not before Jae Joong came into the picture.


A few months later…

“Sierra, isn’t that your daughter?” Linda points to a girl talking to a man.

“Hmm… it is!! But who’s that guy?” Sierra wondered as she and Linda walked towards them. Sierra felt her blood run cold when she recognized him. It was Jun Jin. “Kristi,” she called out as her steps quickened.

“Mommy?” Kristi squinted as she turned away from Jun Jin.

“That’s your mother?” Jun Jin asked.

“Kristi, stay away from him,” Sierra said as she pulled Kristi away.

“What’s going on?” Kristi asked.

“Your mother’s an old friend of mine,” Jun Jin laughed.

“Stay away from Kristi, Jun Jin,” Sierra warned him.

“Oppa… how old are you? You know my mother?” Kristi asked.

“Does my age matter to you?” he asked.

“Enough! Let’s go home!” Sierra said as she dragged Kristi away.

“Oppa!” Kristi turned back as her mother led her away. He smiled grimly at her as he waved.


Back at home…

“Mommy! What’s going on?” Kristi asked as soon as they got home.

“You can’t see Jun Jin anymore.”

“Why?”

“First of all, he’s older than I am… that makes him too old for you.”

“That’s not a reason.”

“Kristi! Stop it!” Sierra yelled in exasperation.

“No! I won’t!” Kristi said as she stomped off.

“He’s your father, Kristi!”

“What?” Kristi pales with shock as she turned around.

“He’s your father…” Sierra repeated as she started to cry.

“I have a father. His name is Kim Jae Joong.”

“I married Jae Joong when you were 3. Jun Jin was the one who got me pregnant.”

“And you never told me? I’m 13! I have a right to know!”

“How could I tell my own daughter that she was a product of rape?”

“Jun Jin oppa raped you?”

“Stop calling him oppa.”

“I hate you! You’re a liar! I hate you!” Kristi screamed as she ran to her room.

Kristi spent the next hour crying. For the first time, she’d fallen in love with someone, only to find out that he was her father. How twisted could her life be? And the man she hugged every day, the man who kissed her forehead after reading her a story every night, since she was a toddler, was not her real father. She’d always wondered why she didn’t inherit her father’s beautiful features, and she didn’t look much like her mother either. Now it all made sense.

Kristi emerged from her room hours later to find the house in darkness. She walked to her mother’s room, ready to talk about what had happened. As she opened the door, she saw a light coming from the bathroom. She walked it and gasped at the scene before her. Her mother lay on the bathroom floor, motionless.

“Mommy!” Kristi cried out as she knelt beside her and shook her. “Mommy…” she sobbed. “Please wake up… I don’t care about Jun Jin oppa, please wake up.”

“Kristi, what’s wrong?” Jae Joong asked as he walked into the room. As soon as he saw Sierra, he lunged forward and picked her up. “Let’s go,” he said as he walked out of the room.


At the hospital…

“We’re sorry, Mr. Kim. There’s nothing we can do for your wife. It’s been too many hours since she’d swallowed those pills,” the doctor said. “You’d best go in now.”

“Mommy!” Kristi wailed. Jae Joong stood there in silence as he put his arm around his daughter.

“Let’s go in,” he said after awhile and led Kristi into the ward.

Sierra was in a coma. Her face was pale, but she looked serene. Jae Joong took her hand and held it to his face.

“Why Sierra, why did you do this?” he whispered.

“It’s my fault, daddy,” Kristi started crying again and she told him the whole story.

“Sierra,” Jae Joong voice was filled with pain and longing as he touched her face. He’d known about Jun Jin, but didn’t think that she was still haunted by the past.


8 years later…

Jae Joong and Kristi stood in front of Sierra’s grave. It’s been 8 years since she died and Kristi was now a young woman. Jun Jin never came back and both Jae Joong and Kristi made do with only each other.

“Kristi,” someone called out from behind. She turned to see Chang Min, her boyfriend, wave at her.

“I’m gonna go with Chang Min now, okay?” she looked at her father.

“Go on,” he smiled.

“I’m coming,” she yelled back at Chang Min. “Love you, dad,” she said as she gave Jae Joong a quick hug before she ran off with Chang Min.

“Sierra-yah,” Jae Joong whispered to the wind as soon as Kristi had left. “Our daughter’s in good hands now. Chang Min is a bright boy and he will take care of her.”

He took out a crumpled note from his pocket and unfolded it. It was the suicide note Sierra had written.

Jae Joong,

I thought I’d forgotten the past, but it seemed that it had found a dark corner in my mind to hide in, until I’m confronted with it again. I can’t live with myself. I can’t live with the fact that I brought Kristi to this world in a twist of cruel fate, and not out of love. I love you, Jae Joong. But I don’t think you should live with someone who can’t love herself anymore. Take care of Kristi for me. Saranghae.

Sierra

A single tear slid down his cheek as he finished reading the note. After 8 years, he still felt the stab of pain as he read it.

“Sierra-yah… I’m coming,” he said as he let the breeze lift the note out of his hands. He took out a pistol from his pocket and pointed it to his head. “Saranghae,” he whispered as he pulled the trigger.

4 comments:

Linda said...

HAHAHAHA aigoo I remember that!
Ahh... I want to do another! That was fun. XD
Whee~
You made it all detaily xD

Anonymous said...

sierra yah, I dun know what when on before you wrote this but LOL it's just too lame!!! I was ROFL from the second paragraph!!!

And the ending Oh My God.... I just find it so hilarious!

시에라 (Sierra) said...

It's supposed to be a sad ending :( People have cried, okay!!! :P You're heartless :P

Anonymous said...

“Sierra-yah… I’m coming,” he said as he let the breeze lift the note out of his hands. He took out a pistol from his pocket and pointed it to his head. “Saranghae,” he whispered as he pulled the trigger.

i was tearing when i read that...i wonder how the daughter is gonna cope after this