Saturday, April 21, 2007

Mandu-yaaa!!!

For Mandu... who has been bugging me for this.

Characters:
Jun Su (TVXQ)
Mandy aka Mandu

Mandu-yaaa!!! You are my honey... ^_^

“Mandu!!!” he yelled as he threw a book at Mandy’s head.

“Ow!! Oppa!” she groaned whilst rubbing her head. “Are you mad?”

“Stop falling asleep!” he said as he poked her head with his index finger.

“I can’t help it,” she said as she laid the upper half of her body down on the table before her. “It’s this afternoon sun. It makes me so sleepy. Don’t you feel sleepy? Can we have a siesta?”

“Yah! You think you’re in Italy? Siesta!” he said and thwacked her on the back of her head with the long ruler. “You’d better start studying or your mother’s going to fire me.”

For the past 3 months, Jun Su had been Mandy’s tutor and though he was mostly a nice and sweet guy, he’d get a little violent when Mandy didn’t pay attention.

“Mandu!” he shouted again as Mandy once again dozed off.

“Geez,” she mumbled as she scratched her head. “I’m awake! Let me go wash my face,” she grumbled as she got up and walked out of the room.

“That mandu,” Jun Su grumbled to himself.

She didn’t look like a mandu at all, but he’d taken to calling her that because it had annoyed her at first. By now, she’d gotten used to it, and it had become his pet name for her. She wasn’t stupid at all, but she was definitely lazy; a pain to tutor. Jun Su lay on the floor and stretched leisurely. That’s when a pair of hands reached out to tickle his armpits.

“Yah!!” he yelled and jumped up.

“Gotcha!” Mandy laughed as she sat down at the table.

“I’m sweaty and dirty. I hadn’t showered since I left school. Your fingers probably stink now.”

“Really?” Mandy said and she sniffed them.

“Eww!!” Jun Su exclaimed in disgust, but laughed anyway.

Mandy could be so weird and quirky, but sometimes, you just had to laugh at her.

“Oppa… sing me a song,” Mandy said.

“What for?”

“I’m bored.”

“No way… you don’t deserve it,” he said as he flipped open a textbook.

“Come on,” she pleaded. “After you sing, I promise to study hard for the next 2 hours.”

“You’re always lying. You’re just gonna fall asleep again within minutes.”

“Please, oppa, please,” Mandy continued to plead and Jun Su just sighed.

“Lately I have had the strangest feelings…” he sang, and Mandy listened and looked on as he did.

‘Jun Su oppa is so talented,’ she sighed to herself. ‘It’s a waste that he’s not a singer.’

Jun Su loved to sing, but it was his past time since his first love was soccer. During the weekends, Mandy would go to the field where he played with his friends to cheer him on and it was during one fateful weekend, when the oddest thing happened.

She was walking towards the field where Jun Su usually played soccer. She was late today because she had a school project to finish. As she approached the field, she waved at Jun Su who was running towards the goal post to intercept the ball from his friend. Because she’d distracted him, he didn’t see where he was going and ran straight into the goal post.

“Oppa!” Mandy screamed as she ran towards him.

The boys crowded around Jun Su and Mandy had to squeeze through to get to him.

“Come on, guys!” she yelled. “Move aside! Give him some air!”

The boys moved away a little, but still huddled around. Mandy pushed Jun Su’s hair away from his forehead and found a huge bruise.

“Oppa,” she said as she shook him gently. “Wake up!”

She kept at it, not knowing what to do, and about 2 minutes later, his eyes fluttered open.

“Oppa!” she exclaimed and hugged him.

“Ow!” he exclaimed, and started coughing.

“Are you alright?” she asked him.

“I’m fine, let’s go,” he said as he stood up quickly.

“Are you sure you can walk?” she said as he swayed a little.

“Sure I can, honey,” he said.

“Honey?” Mandy exclaimed. “Who’s Honey?”

“Aren’t you my honey?” he said as they walked away from the field.

“Oppa… have you gone mad? Did you hit your head so hard that you can’t remember my name?”

“You’re Mandy, right?” he laughed.

“Yes,” she sighed in relief.

“And you’re my honey,” he added.

Mandy felt like fainting. She could not understand why he kept going on and on about her being his honey.

“Oppa… since when we were dating?”

“Hasn’t it been 3 months?” he said as he scratched his head.

“You’ve been tutoring me for 3 months. Not dating.”

“I have?” he said, puzzled. “I could’ve sworn we were dating,” he giggled.

‘Great,’ Mandy groaned inwardly. ‘Now he’s getting all sissy too.’

“Oppa! We’re not dating,” she said sternly.

“Really? Then why do I remember us doing this,” he said, and he kissed her.

‘Omigod! Omigod!’ Mandy squealed in her mind. ‘He’s kissing me! Why is he kissing me? But… it feels good.’

And since it felt good, she just closed her eyes and stood still as he continued to kiss her.

“Remember now?” he asked her, and she shook her head. “Then should I do it again?” he said, and pulled her in for another kiss before she could move away.

That night, Mandy lay in bed and thought about Jun Su’s kisses. She was not prepared for anything like this, ever. They were her first kisses, and he just took them like that. Not that she minded. Honestly, she had been crushing on him since the day he started tutoring her.

‘Does that mean we’re dating now?’ she sighed happily.

The next day, Mandy waited eagerly for Jun Su to show up for their tutorial session.

“Oppa!” she exclaimed and hugged him as he walked through the door.

“Yah!” he exclaimed and shrugged her off. “What’s gotten into you? You want me fired?”

“But yesterday…” her lips trembled.

“What happened yesterday?” he said.

“You don’t remember?”

“No.”

“At the soccer field.”

“Yea, I played soccer. Why didn’t you come yesterday?”

“I did!” she exclaimed.

“I didn’t see you,” he said.

“What?” she yelled.

“Shhh… keep your voice down,” he said. “Your mother will hear.”

“She isn’t home!” she yelled. “You kissed me yesterday!”

“What?” he exclaimed. His eyes were almost bulging out of their sockets in shock.

“And you called me your honey!”

“I did? Must have been someone else. I didn’t see you yesterday,” he said.

“It was you! It was you!” Mandy said, stomping her feet.

“No it wasn’t!” he replied, crossing his arms. “I played soccer and went home straight after that yesterday since you didn’t show up.”

“How can you pretend nothing happened, oppa!” Mandy wailed, her eyes starting to tear. “It was my first kiss.”

“Really?”

“It was my first kiss,” she started crying.

That was when Jun Su hugged her.

“I’m sorry mandu,” he whispered in her ear. “Don’t cry.”

“But you don’t remember,” she sobbed.

“I do… I do… I’m sorry. I was just teasing you yesterday, and today.”

“What?” she exclaimed as she pulled away from him, roughly.

“I just kinda realized that I liked you, and I didn’t know how to tell you. So…”

“What?!” she exclaimed louder this time.

“It was a spur of the moment decision. I didn’t plan it,” he said.

And then… she slapped him.

“Mandu,” he said softly, visible shocked.

“I never want to see you again,” she shouted at him and ran to her room, slamming the door as she went in.

‘What a mess I’ve made,’ Jun Su sighed as he rubbed his cheek.

He’d not thought it through before he pulled that little stunt yesterday. After last night, he thought that it was best he pretended it never happen. But then Mandy started crying, and he realized he’d hurt her. She must like him too. How was he going to fix this now?

“Mandu,” Jun Su called out as he knocked on her door.

“Go away,” came a muffled shout.

“I’m sorry. I was a jerk. Nan pabo-ya… please come out,” he pleaded. “I really do like you, Mandy. I just didn’t know how to tell you.”

“Go away,” she repeated and threw book at the door, creating a loud thud that made Jun Su jump.

‘She sure is scary when she’s mad,’ he shook his head. ‘What do I do now?’

Then, Jun Su had an idea. He ran out of the apartment to the tree that stood outside Mandy’s window and started climbing it.

“Mandu-yaa!!!” he shouted when he came up to her window, and her head popped up.

“Oppa! Are you crazy?” she yelled.

Her face was stained with her tears, and her hair was messed up from burying her head under the pillow while crying.

“No. You look crazy, though,” he laughed as he made himself comfortable on a branch.

“Haha,” she laughed sarcastically. “Get down. It’s dangerous.”

“Would you let me in if I got down?”

“No,” she said, and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Then I’ll just stay here.”

“Get down,” she yelled.

“Stop yelling,” he yelled back.

“I’ll yell if I want to,” she said.

“Then I’ll sit here if I want to,” he said.

“Aisshii,” Mandy exclaimed.

“Are you gonna forgive me?” he asked her.

“Why should I? You’re a pervert!”

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done that yesterday. It was low, but I really do have feelings for you, Mandy,” he said.

“Paramdung-i,” she said.

“I’m not. How can I prove it to you?”

“I don’t know,” she said, and then there was a long moment of silence.

“I wanna hold you,” Jun Su started singing, “hona ne mami anun god, chama duryowo na gamchuryo hedon mal, ije naui saram anirago, tonaryonun saram buthjabjido mallago..”

Mandy looked up and found Jun Su looking at her intently as he sang. He rarely sang for her spontaneously. She always had to ask him to sing for her. Was it his way of showing that he really likes her?

Suddenly, the both of them heard a cracking sound. In the split second, the branch Jun Su was sitting on broke off and he fell straight to the ground with it.

“Oppa!” Mandy screamed in horror.

The paramedics arrived within half an hour and moved Jun Su into the ambulance on a stretcher. He didn’t break any bones, thanks to a freshly ploughed flower bed below the tree, but would still need to go to the hospital for a checkup.

“Mandu-yaa,” he said before they closed the door of the ambulance. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine,” she replied.

“Really? Then when I come back…” he started and hesitated for a moment.

“Yea… what?”

“Will you be my honey, for real?” he smiled.

She smiled. She’d have to give it to him. He was really persistent, even when on a stretcher.

“Araso,” she laughed. “No more climbing trees okay?”

“Araso,” he laughed, and let out his famous dolphin cry.

9 comments:

nonex said...

Suddenly, the both of them heard a cracking sound. In the split second, the branch Jun Su was sitting on broke off and he fell straight to the ground with it.

didn't mean too but i find this funny.. ahhaha

GOT MANDY? ^^ said...

hahaa
yea tammy i found that part funny too!!
i was cracking up
pooor junsu
XD

hehe unni ah, can you see i cant stop smilling now
XP

saranghae!!
*heart shape*
<3

YingLing said...

mandy~~~

i am so jealous!!!

*gives mandy an evil stare*

hey sierra...i didn't know that you have the time to write up one-shots like this. :P

시에라 (Sierra) said...

You're just jealous... hahaha... I don't!!! I just realised that I haven't written one for so long... so I wrote one in like... 2 days :P I'm not happy with it though. Could be better :P

jiayoong. said...

Haha it reflects Jun Su well somehow :P

snowyflakes said...

Awww... That little stunt he pulled is soooo cuteee!! <3333 Haha... Love the story~~

I want a story with Yunho... =P
Hahah... xDDD

Anonymous said...

how adorable...if only i knew a guy like that *sighs*

Anonymous said...

Hi Sierra~
I got the link to this blog from Soompi fanfics.
Your stories are really really entertaining and nice to read!
Decided to leave a comment here cuz this is my fav oneshot..
Hee Junsu's confession on the soccer pitch is soo sweet!
Chongmal mushissuh! I melted when he pulled that trick =)

JustUNuSUal

시에라 (Sierra) said...

Hello!!!

Thanks for reading and coming all the way from Soompi to do that ^_^ Read on!! ;)